Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Act Zero ANGRY review
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#7  Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:23 pm  Reply with quote + 
Duke Serkol wrote:
When I first heard of the title and plot, I thought it would be a prequel, but from what I hear of the ending it seems to have been an attempt at a series reboot. A failed attempt of course.
And it is a shame, because while Act Zero may look too grim, I do feel that a more bad-ass Bomberman with its own side series (kind of like Max I would guess, but not just him, the whole environment enemies included would have to be different) could be good. Sort of like what Megaman X is to Megaman. A good place to look at for inspiration on this would be BomberKing.

Yeah, I enjoy Bomber King/RoboWarrior for just that reason. If done well on current console, it could be fairly enjoyable gameplay. I knew before I bought Act Zero to expect nothing short of fail, but I got it anyway. I was curious if it was somehow a prequel as well, since the androids you wield in Act Zero could ideally be the very same robots given the chore of building explosives in the subterranean factory that Bomberman is escaping from in the Famicom/NES original.

I should be fair to Act Zero. I like some of it. The viewpoint is not bad, especially how you can change your camera view with such control. It just becomes unwieldy sometimes. Seeing robots literally dropped onto the field is amusing in a way, but there's just something missing. Maybe the whole battle of the strongest thing doesn't do it for me, and I'd rather he have other enemies as well, and maybe some varying board obstacles/traps/puzzles to solve. I'm not really sure, but it just is gutturally wrong to me. I get a kick in the stomach from anything I know should be able to support me and some buddies playing it, but failed to provide that option. Using the battle stage design, some kind of local play bone could have been thrown. Another thing is that the bombs you drop look for like powerups than what you pick up, so sometimes when flustered I run for bombs and have to remind myself and move out of the way before I get a face of fire.

I haven't played more than an hour so far, so it's possible the real reasons behind my feelings would show themselves in time. I intend to give it more time when I can arrange online play with a friend. :down: 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1443s
Index - Back to Top