Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Act Zero ANGRY review
DragonBomber
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:17 pm  Reply with quote + 
I imagine when I get my wikidot one done, it will be part sarcasm and part desperation. Because on one level, the game is similar to the original plot of Famicom/NES Bomberman. Except, they took huge liberties with that original story and turned it into some snuff videogame of sorts.

I bought it for $15 new a short while ago, because I will own them all one day. Any game that yells at you to say "You survived!" at the end of a level is pretty bad. Funny in a bad movie sort of way, but it made me think more Manhunt or Silence of the Lambs meets Bomberman in a dark alley, than Bomberman. Or better yet, Bomberman original plot meets the movie 8MM and you have Act Zero.

The things that make me want to play it, despite the lack of any local multiplayer and the depression that feels like a part of me dying inside is that the unlimited bomb powerup you can pick up allows for dropping of up to 64 bombs at one time. How long I must endure the agony, and how much it will be worth the effort I am not sure, but that is my only salvation when loading this game. That and hopefully crushing a dude in Australia I know who bought this game as well.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1339s
Index - Back to Top