Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: How late do you stay up?
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#3  Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:58 pm  Reply with quote + 
I've decided that I want to share the story about the latest I've gone without sleep ever.

This is a rather long story, so only read if you are interested.

Anyway, it starts with one week last April (2007). We had Thursday and Friday off of school, and my friend Jake was turning 16. Thursday night he had me over to spend the night. We had a lot of fun doing just about everything we could think of. We logged into our RuneScape accounts that we both hadn't been on in months, and played together some. We listened to Pirates of the Carribbean music, and we played Halo 2. We were having a good time, and at 1:30 we decided to turn off the 360, and decided to go to bed. I probably didn't fall asleep until 2:00 because of excitement. I'm not sure what time in the morning we got up because my good memory fails to remember this detail, but it wasn't late I do know. I'm guessing it might have been 7:00 A.M. Either way, that's not the most significant part of the story.

We played some video games and had fun. I was staying over at his house, and would be there the whole time up until the party. To say the least, everything had been going good. But staying up up til 1:30 and not falling asleep til later the night before a 16th birthday party...wtf was I thinking?.......

Yeah, it ended up a stupid decision. Everybody else arrived around 4:00 P.M. The party began, and we all were having a good time. (Most of the time we were playing Halo 2 because thats all most of my friends were into at the time) But the evening came, I was enjoying myself, and everything was still great. Basically we played way too much Halo the whole night so I may as well skip to about 3:00 A.M. I was getting tired, and was playing bad. I told everyone that I would rather watch them play, and wanted to lay down. One of my friends was joking that I'd be asleep in 10 minutes, but that didn't happen. I actually did manage to stay awake until about 4:30. Then I just was starting to get sick because I had never experienced this much of a lack of sleep. I decided that I was going to go to sleep. Of course I was still awake at 5:20 because sleep at a time like this is something that just doesn't happen. Somehow not too long after 5:30, I finally gave in even with the yelling and excitement all around me, and left the party for about maybe 20 minutes. I was so tired, and it was bad. Of course, I was back up, and I was like "How long was I asleep?" They told me, and I wanted to play again, but I just fealt bad. I ended up falling asleep again, and got an hours worth this time.

Yeah, I fealt awful when I was back up, but more sleep was out of the question, so I forced myself to stay up, and played more video games. By noon Saturday, I was home, and I ate lunch, and then my mom had just gotten me a copy of Wii Play since I had gotten a Wii fairly recently before this. I put the game in my wii, and before getting past the menu screen I was like "what am I doing?" I went into my bed, and was gone. Pretty much instantly. Now looking back on that day, it says I played Wii Play for one minute on the message board, and that was all I did that day on the Wii. Anyway, I was asleep, and did not wake up til 8:00 that night. I woke up, and got on the computer for about an hour or two, and then I went back to bed. I did not wake up til 11:00 the next day.

I was exhausted, but I guess it was all fun, and a good memory.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1868s
Index - Back to Top