Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Story DS
Duke Serkol
Bomberjack

Post#10  Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:27 pm  Reply with quote + 
Not only that: brace yourselves, I almost had a heart attack when I found out about this... the story mode's main plot actually concerns...

*SPOILER*

bombs!! Yes, a Bomberman game in which bombs are not just your weapon! Hallelujah!!!

While the story mode is still kinda bland compared to other Bomberman games and other action RPG games, I'm enjoying it more than previous attempts (Bomberman Quest, Tournament and Jetters Legend).
My only complaints on it is that the quality of music varies noticiably (from inspired to annoying going through dull) and that the wildlife enemies seem too realistic for a Bomberman game (I mean, next to Bomberman's cutesy sprite they clash terribly). Actually this applies also to the bosses which have the annoying habit of inexplicably (and visibly) inflating themselves before battle.

Oh and, this is not a spoiler since we find out right away, for those annoyed that Bomberman gets thrown into another team like Jetters... he doesn't. They are just working together on this particular mission, but Bomberman still formally belongs to the Bomber Base, not Justice Right. Or, as it has thankfully been changed into, the Justice Department. Oh yeah, I forgot to say, that was not the name of the team, it was the name of the organization to which they belong.

And in closing... I was initially annoyed at the introduction of another evil scientist, but as the story unfolds it's clear to me an already known enemy (like Bagular or Mechadoc) could not fit this role.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1536s
Index - Back to Top