Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Pics of me playing Super Bomberman 2
dakirbydude
Bomberman

Post#5  Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:02 pm  Reply with quote + 
If we are going to start arguing about the stages and which game is better, here is what I think:

I actually played Super Bomberman (1) first, butthe second one seemed more fun to me. I love both, but the second one had something to it that the first one was horribly missing. It's one of those things that are just hard to explain.

But some of the good things about Super Bomberman 2 were that the bombs were colored to match your bomber, and that allows for a lot of good strategy. If you pay close attention, you can know exactly how far the other person's bomb will explode, and use it to your advantage. For example:

O===>*

Key:
O is the bomb
===> is how far the fire explodes
* is the bomber standing right next to the fire and not getting harmed in the least.

I am the type of person who loves to do advanced things like that, and jumping over an explosion in stage 10.

Also, everybody has their own playing style, and preferred stages, but I don't think the stages in SB2 were bad. The standard stage was of course awesome (I always play on that any bomberman game...) and Stage 9 was not bad either. Stages 3, 5, and 10 were fun to play on as well. The other stages in the game weren't necesarily bad, just not as impressive as 1, 3,5, 9 and 10.

As for the computer players, no computer has been able to stop me for very long in any Bomberman game. I play humans way too much, and win quite a bit.

Anyway, I'm not saying 1 was a bad game. It was a lot of fun, but several of the stages would make me kind of mad. The stage with the spotlight that keeps moving around in particular. When the spotlight isn't on a certain area of the map you more or less have no clue what's going on there unless you see an easier to see character such as white bomber moving around. Black bomber can go nearly un-seen in the shadows which gives him a huge advantage over the other characters. It's a bit un-fair for the lighter color bombers, and plus the spotlight moving gets annoying.

The stages I liked on Super Bomberman were:
Western Zone
Duel Zone
Flower Zone
Power Zone
Speed Zone
I also sometimes liked Tunnel Zone. Fun stage, but not my favorite.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1558s
Index - Back to Top