BombermanBoard Forum Index BombermanBoard
Bomberman Community

Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: So i'm finally into mangas...
fireball87
Bomberjack

Post#8  Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:20 pm  Reply with quote + 
Dark Zaphe wrote:
What is really nerdy? Excessive obsession over one thing (ex anime) which turns everyone else away and destroys your social life.

Other people use the word to describe someone who they think is smart and it agitates them.

So if anybody calls you nerdy for reading an anime book, they're just generalizing stereotypes, which is what breaks off certain items and subjects from the "acceptable" social world and feeds it to the nerds, making it exceptionally difficult to still be involved with that thing and not be vulnerable to prejudice. Thus, in order to stop this mad process of inspecting and rejecting, we should not care about the obsessions of uninvolved persons (in other words, don't stick your nose in other peoples' business).

In order to make this more clear, and to bring out the silliness of it all, what would happen if so called "nerds" became involved with football? What if they all suddenly started showing up at (North American) football games, and trying out for teams, and so on and so forth? With one or two, no doubt the jocks would tease and abuse them, but if they all started obsessing over football, would that not be grounds to abandon the sport? Yes it would, and anybody packing a pigskin would be socially ostracized.

Of course this wouldn't happen. It's an exaggeration. But isn't it logical, due to the previous patterns we've observed? Therefore, in a process which would result in your own undoing should you switch the variables correctly, to put it simply, you shouldn't be doing it. Unfortunately, however important my message might be, it will never be implemented like it should, and silly bias against items which are neutral themselves will continue on widespread.

Or I will eat my hat.

Were you talking about my post, If so its no big deal, this was a good friend and we tend to talk crap about each other all the time. When I showed it to him I was completely expecting that response. Plus I've learned not to really care what other people thought and do what I wanted a long time ago... and I've never really been given much crap from anyone other then close friends since then.

Point was more that Yotsuba& is good for a pretty broad audience then anything else. I may not like to admit to liking some animes, but that really depends on who I'm talking to. I don't really hide any of it from anyone though. Guess I should try and advertise them more, but ah well.
View user profile Send Private Message
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0886s
Index - Back to Top