BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: The Simpsons Movie
Axis_Lyonheart516
Bomberdude

Post#1  Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:14 am  Reply with quote + 
*Originally written somewhere else, not that it matters*

Because somebody had to post this.

I saw it last night, and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. Sure, the plot is such a departure from what the Simpsons series is usually about, but I thought it was an enjoyable film, nonetheless.

It's just weird that after watching it for over fifteen years, seeing it on the big screen is just kinda weird. But it works.

The film uses a LOT of physical humor (getting stabbed in the eye, leg, getting ripped apart by dogs), mainly on Homer, but it still manages to be funny after so many times.

The plot is strange, seeing how it sounds like something out of an Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi flick, but it's entertaining, albeit unrealistic. I mean, if you watch the first few seasons of the show, and then jump into the movie, it has a VERY different feel to it than the show. REALLY different.

Homer seems like more of a dumbass than usual, and a lot of crap happens to Springfield because of it. Literally. It has some content that pushes what the show actually does (giving someone the finger, screaming "God----," just to name a few), but it still feels like the Simpsons universe. There's some drama here and there, mainly involving Homer's relationship to his wife Marge, and son, Bart, but for the most part, it's just good 'ole slapstick humor.

Didn't really mean to turn this into a review/rant, but as soon as it's available on DVD, I'll probably buy the Special, Special Edition because I'm a total nerd.

Still, it's a fun movie, and I'd recommend it to anyone, Simpsons fan or not.

... Would've liked to see more Fat Tony and Monty Burns, though.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Entertainment Talk All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.0816s
Index - Back to Top