Search Forum   Member List   Chat / Chat Log 
 Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman Live on XBOX 360 Live Arcade
Ven
Bomberdude

Post#12  Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:56 pm  Reply with quote + 
So the game was released on July 18th. The same day I sat down with the Free version for about 30 minutes-1 hour. With the free version you're restricted to the Normal stage in both Normal and Paint Bomb mode. You're also restricted to local play so a friend & I played with 2 CPUs. Graphics are good (of course) and gameplay is smooth. I haven't gotten a chance to test all the things I wanted to test out (like what stuns you, ect). The normal stage only had P-bomb, Max Fire, Fire, Bomb up, and speed powerups so not much was could be tested. The worse part about the game has nothing to do with the game itself. It has to do with the damn 360 controller. I knew even beforehand that the D-pad on the controller sucked but good grief. You can use the joystick if you want but that doesn't help either (one reason why I disliked the DC version of Bomberman) slightly). Bomberman has always been a D-pad type game (or keyboard is fine)

I almost want to go out and by a 3rd party controller just for playing Bomberman Live. Sometimes you press down and you go right ect. I can see myself getting angry of stuff like that in online matches (especially ranked ones/tournaments). I'd like to understand the thought process of that D-pad design. Anyway, that's a whole nother discussion. When I try the full version of the game I'll give a more detailed analysis plus comparision to Bomberman Online PC.

Today I played it with a wired Mad Catz GamePad Pro controller today and it helped immensely. The D-Pad on there is light-years better than the regular 360 controller. No more turning right/left when pressing down, ect. Even the face buttons even felt better. I'll have to pick one of these GamePad Pro controllers up for myself
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Online Bomberman Games All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1225s
Index - Back to Top