Control Panel   Private Messages   Register   Log in 
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General
Viewing Single Post
From Topic: Bomberman in Brawl?
Zantova
Bomberbie

Post#32  Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:57 pm  Reply with quote + 
TheSilverTwill wrote:
I'm with everybody else in doubting his chances, but I'd love to see him in there. I decided to make a sample moveset for him since I was bored. So far I just have the B moves and his Super (like Mario's giant fireball) figured out, but I'll keep working on it and probably post the rest later.

B: Bomb Throw: Bomberman takes out a standard fire bomb that continues to grow in size the longer he holds it. The power and blast-radius increase with size, although Bomberman's movement speed decreases significantly with larger bombs. He cannot use other attacks until he throws the bomb, which explodes upon impact.
B^: Wind Bomb: When in the air, Bomberman holds a wind bomb beneath himself with both hands that detonates and sends him flying upwards. While on ground, the bomb throws small tornadoes in both the left and right directions at or slightly farther than melee sword distance, knocking any enemies they hit a few feet away and dealing small damage.
B>: Lightning, Light, Ice Bomb Kick: Bomberman kicks a random bomb that electrocutes, blinds/disorients, or freezes respectively. The bomb explodes upon impact with either another player or a wall, and briefly stuns the one it hits. When used in the air, the bomb follows a downward parabolic pattern and explodes upon impact with an opponent or the floor. In addition to using a variety of visual effects, the three different types would each be slightly different regarding damage dealt and length of the stun.
Bv: Remote Control: When Bv is tapped lightly (like a regular, non-smash move), Bomberman drops a small red-striped bomb onto the ground beneath him. It can be left alone or picked up and thrown (by anyone, though it isn’t recommended if you are fighting Bomberman) like any other item for minimal damage. It can be thrown an infinite number of times as long as it remains on the field, and Bomberman can have up to three remote control bombs on the field at a time. When Bv is smashed, all remote control bombs will explode instantly.
Super: Independence Day: Bomberman begins swinging his arms in a rapid-fire fashion tossing multicolored bombs into the air, which burst into large fireworks. The first fireworks should explode almost immediately after activation, and the full move should last about seven seconds. The fireworks should begin exploding just above Bomberman and cover a decent area, but by the end most of the sky should be filled with colorful detonations.

My original idea was to have him team with Pommy who would follow Bomberman around and be unable to hurt opponents except as part of certain A-strikes and throws, but I decided to stick with just Bomberman to make it more realistic. I did like the original Bv though, so I figured I'd post it just for the heck of it.

Bv: Pommy the Mimic: Bomberman takes a few moments (about falcon punch length) to draw Pommy into the playing field with a piece of food. Pommy is then able to be attacked by opponents and anyone who accidentally hits Pommy (who stays very close to Bomberman at all times) will have their damage returned to them. Pommy will then return to his unhittable state.

Those seem very plausible, only if I could choose, I'd do things a little different.

1. B>: Fire Bomb- creates a fire bomb that you automatically shoot infront of you. When it hits an enemy, it will damage the target over time, and anyone who goes near the afflicted player will be afflicted as well.
2. Bv: Hero's Light (like in episode 1 of Bomberman Jetters)- basically the same thing as Independence Day, but with different graphics.

Also, you know how in Super Smash Brothers Melee, where you can change your character's outfit? Well, if Bomberman were in SSBB, I'd make it so that you could make a bunch of different looks, like Black Bomber's, just to name one.
BombermanBoard Forum Index -> Bomberman In General All times are GMT-5:00 (DST+1)

Jump to: 

Total Time: 0.1701s
Index - Back to Top